April 11, 2005

I just had the loveliest croissant and egg sandwich... EVER. I got one fresh croissant yesterday at the store, and that's what I used.

I have my "shelver's test" today. This will tell me, and the library if I can accurately count and recall the alphabet. If I somehow fail this we will all know that I should not: 1) be in college, and 2) have ever left kindergarten, and 3) ever wasted all that time with "Sesame Street." Also, we will know that I am not cut out for a life of a librarian. Dewey Decimal 'til I die, baby! Don't worry, I'll never say that again.

I'm feeling extra weird this morning. This weather is killing me. Last week it was sunny and in the high seventies. Yesterday, it snowed a foot. Gotta love Colorado. It's expected to be in the high sixties later this week... And that's the weather, back to you Etoile.

The thing about Mondays are that as much as I hate the twelve straight hours of school fun, I love school, so it's kind of entertaining... As long as I can be on time, and get out of the damn house.

Y'know who I think was a funny guy? Herodotus. I was reading The History of the Pelopponesian War on Saturday, and I actually laughed out loud. That's not too common.

"Now as far as the carrying off of women, it is the deed, they say, of a rogue: but to make a stir about such as are carried off, argues a man a fool. Men of sense care nothing for such women, since it is plain that without their own consent they would never be forced away." -- Herodotus

Right.

I guess it just depends on how you look at it. That Helen really was a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home