May 11, 2005

Home...

My parents have been in the process of selling their house, and buying one that will take less maintenance. I've heard all the reasoning and I agree with it. I'm still disappointed though. Throughout everything, that house has been the one place that I've known I'm safe. I know it's because my family is there, not because of the house itself, but Mama asked me the other day about what she should do with the extra bedroom in the new house, make it a guest bedroom or remake my room in it? I told her; "Go ahead with the guest bedroom." The new house isn't my home anymore. Which is odd. All along, I've considered their house my home base. Now that it isn't anymore, my place has to be home. Crazy. At least I'm getting new furniture out of the deal. I'll post before and after pics on that.

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE RAIN? This must be the "semi" in the semi-arid climate claim.

3 Comments:

Blogger Foxsden said...

I know what you mean... and its funny because when you rent like I have for many years you just go around with this feeling of unsettledness because your roof is ultimately in someone elses hands. I will feel like this until I get my own place.

11:42 am  
Blogger FULLMETALWRITER said...

i reckon you have to face up to the fact that your parents are sick of you and want you to move out, now. They'll box everything up then do a flit one night leaving you in the garage with a week's washing and the dog you can't remember owning.

1:51 am  
Blogger Foxsden said...

Peoplehater - you should put that effort in to writing your blog you miserable old sod LOL!

4:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home