The room was dark, there was only one light on. In my wine induced haze I counted ten or so people milling about. I smiled at D. He smiled back from the end of my arm, he pulled me close quickly and kissed me. Someone drew him away to talk and they were laughing less than five feet away. For a drunk moment I took some pleasure in the fact that I was in a room full of people I didn't know. Then I glanced to my left, there she was. J. It didn't bother me that she was there, in fact I was just going over to say hi to her when another girl approached me.
"How protective of D are you?" she snapped at me.
"Not very, why?" I was confused.
"Do you see that girl over there?" she said pointing at J.
"Yes, that's J" I stated simply.
"They used to FUCK. So I'd be more protective if I were you. She wants him back and she can have him"
As I stared at this strange girl blankly, wondering what I could have done to piss her off so much I glanced at J. She was just smiling and nodding a little, her horsey face contorted. A guy was walking up to the snappy girl and he was reiterating her point about my inferiority to J. I was already walking away.
D was busy being drunk in the corner with the bride's brother and his girlfriend. They tried to pull me onto the couch they were on with them. I declined whispering to D that I needed our room key. Thinking I was ready to screw, he excitedly pulled me out of the room. We got out into the hall and it became clear to him I wasn't happy.
When J called the next morning at 11 A.M. we were back in bed. He didn't even glance towards his phone. When she left a message he looked straight in my eyes and said "I'm going to tell her never to call me again, ok?" Then he hugged me tightly.
"How protective of D are you?" she snapped at me.
"Not very, why?" I was confused.
"Do you see that girl over there?" she said pointing at J.
"Yes, that's J" I stated simply.
"They used to FUCK. So I'd be more protective if I were you. She wants him back and she can have him"
As I stared at this strange girl blankly, wondering what I could have done to piss her off so much I glanced at J. She was just smiling and nodding a little, her horsey face contorted. A guy was walking up to the snappy girl and he was reiterating her point about my inferiority to J. I was already walking away.
D was busy being drunk in the corner with the bride's brother and his girlfriend. They tried to pull me onto the couch they were on with them. I declined whispering to D that I needed our room key. Thinking I was ready to screw, he excitedly pulled me out of the room. We got out into the hall and it became clear to him I wasn't happy.
When J called the next morning at 11 A.M. we were back in bed. He didn't even glance towards his phone. When she left a message he looked straight in my eyes and said "I'm going to tell her never to call me again, ok?" Then he hugged me tightly.


4 Comments:
Bloody hell Etoile-
how rude they were.
I'm sorry this happened
to you-girls like that
are such pussies they
have to have the rest
of the skanks behind them
to 'big up' their image.
I think you handled yourself
well, I don't know whether
I could have walked away
without causing a scene!
It sounds to me that the best thing you can do about the strangers you met is to keep them strangers
Hey Etoile.. just to let you know that my blog is gone for a bit.. may have been rumbled. However, will be back after a clean up.. possibly will be done before you even check it next! ho hum.
sheddweller.blogspot
Post a Comment
<< Home