July 26, 2005

The Joys of Apartment Living or Is it Just Me?

In which Etoile becomes very annoyed over the spin cycle...

I had been doing laundry all afternoon, an activity I usually enjoy because it allows me to do two things at once. I can be doing the laundry AND packing my apartment. However, the joy of laundry day was spoiled this afternoon.

During my last load of wash (which was full of cotton boy-cut panties) I found that someone had cut in on me. They'd come into the laundry room and in their haste to begin their laundry they ripped mine from the washer only seconds after the spin cycle had ended and left my poor last load in a heap on top of the dryer. I know it was only seconds because I, the anal Etoile, synchronize my egg timer with the timer on the washer.

I was a bit annoyed but I dismissed it because I will not let the joy of laundry day be diminished by petty things. I simply threw my wet heap into the dryer and went on with it, after all, it was my last load.

Exactly 40 minutes later, which is ten minutes short of a dry cycle I made my way back to the laundry room. I wanted to make sure that the panties weren't getting shrunk. I found my load damp and folded on the table in the laundry room. WHAT??? It wasn't even dry yet. And now someone was using my 50 cents to dry their laundry. It is only 50 cents, but that 50 cents was mine. Now I'm stuck with damp laundry and nowhere to dry it.

I was forced to go to the 3rd floor laundry room, which I hate. The 3rd floor is full of smelly old coots who are always cooking something disgusting smelling and it creeps me to go there.

All I can say is that I was more than pissed. Don't mess with my laundry, especially not my panties. I felt the need not only to leave a nasty note, but felt compelled to wash the load again. There's just something a little weird about some stranger touching my underwear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

that's kinda creepy. I would have rewashed them again too.

9:35 pm  
Blogger Etoile Tyler said...

I know... It was just a little too weird for me.

11:16 pm  
Blogger Rainex said...

Ugh-pervies in your
knickers!

2:16 am  
Blogger Foxsden said...

Being the vindictive sod I am I would have emptied their stuff and put mine back in and then waited for them to return. Fuckers.

2:44 am  
Blogger Etoile Tyler said...

D said I should have left their half-wet stuff all over the laundry room floor, picking up all that nasty linty stuff that seems to collect there...

I just wanted to get my undies away from the weirdos.

10:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home