ME, MYSELF AND I
THATS ALL I GOT IN THE END
THATS WHAT I FOUND OUT
AND IT AINT NO NEED TO CRY
I TOOK A VOW THAT FROM NOW
I'M GON' BE MY OWN BEST FRIEND
One of my fantastic specialties is writing letters that don't get sent. I keep them in a box in my closet. They serve as reminders, as reality checks to why certain things turn out the way they do.... Just in case I forget and give people more chances than they deserve...
I am writing you this letter, its late, and I want to sleep, but I can't because this is running around in my head. You are an idiot. You are an idiot for letting me go. I used to think that maybe I didn't deserve you, you are so wonderful in so many ways. I know now that it is you who does not deserve me, you do not deserve my love. I won't take it away because I think you don't deserve it, you know I'm not that way. Or do you? Do you know me at all? I know every inch of you, in and out, save the place that you are saving for someone else. That's the place I want to fill so much, your heart. You never tell me how much I mean to you, do I mean anything to you? You don't even know that you've lost me. That's the funny thing, funny in that way where I'm crying, not laughing. It breaks my heart to leave you, somehow I know how much you need me. I wish you knew too. I'm afraid by the time you realize it, it will be too late. I've let you into places that I couldn't let anyone else in. I've trusted you with my whole entire being when I couldn't trust another soul on Earth. I've shown you every wound I've ever created, inside and out. I've given you everything, just to hear three of the tiniest words in the English language: "You complete me." How are you missing this? How can you think that you can treat me like this? Why don't you know that I am precious? You are the smartest man I know, so why are you behaving so stupidly? So reckless with the heart that loves you more than anyone ever will, you are the greatest fool that ever lived. I've let you keep your walls up. Now mine are going back up. You've visited the depths of my soul for the last time. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I quit, and you missed the whole trip.
THATS ALL I GOT IN THE END
THATS WHAT I FOUND OUT
AND IT AINT NO NEED TO CRY
I TOOK A VOW THAT FROM NOW
I'M GON' BE MY OWN BEST FRIEND
One of my fantastic specialties is writing letters that don't get sent. I keep them in a box in my closet. They serve as reminders, as reality checks to why certain things turn out the way they do.... Just in case I forget and give people more chances than they deserve...
I am writing you this letter, its late, and I want to sleep, but I can't because this is running around in my head. You are an idiot. You are an idiot for letting me go. I used to think that maybe I didn't deserve you, you are so wonderful in so many ways. I know now that it is you who does not deserve me, you do not deserve my love. I won't take it away because I think you don't deserve it, you know I'm not that way. Or do you? Do you know me at all? I know every inch of you, in and out, save the place that you are saving for someone else. That's the place I want to fill so much, your heart. You never tell me how much I mean to you, do I mean anything to you? You don't even know that you've lost me. That's the funny thing, funny in that way where I'm crying, not laughing. It breaks my heart to leave you, somehow I know how much you need me. I wish you knew too. I'm afraid by the time you realize it, it will be too late. I've let you into places that I couldn't let anyone else in. I've trusted you with my whole entire being when I couldn't trust another soul on Earth. I've shown you every wound I've ever created, inside and out. I've given you everything, just to hear three of the tiniest words in the English language: "You complete me." How are you missing this? How can you think that you can treat me like this? Why don't you know that I am precious? You are the smartest man I know, so why are you behaving so stupidly? So reckless with the heart that loves you more than anyone ever will, you are the greatest fool that ever lived. I've let you keep your walls up. Now mine are going back up. You've visited the depths of my soul for the last time. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I quit, and you missed the whole trip.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home