February 24, 2004

Things are very strange. E and I got into a nasty argument last night. We were talking about how we make friends differently. He says "Yeah, one thing I notice is that I know when to be quiet, you don't really get that. I see you talk to people and they cringe when you should have stopped talking a couple of paragraphs back." Ouch. Apparently I annoy people. That was a sort of disconcerting realization. It started me thinking about this whole thing with D and our friend A...

A and D met a while back when they had to go on a trip together for National Guard. She and I didn't really like each other at first. I'm pretty sure she had a major thing for D and was disappointed by our relationship. Eventually she and I became friends, as we live only a few blocks from one another. But it seems that lately she's been feeling some sort of competition with me. She showed up to our VERY casual dinner and a movie gathering on Friday dressed to the nines. She kept making theses strange sexual references, which I was trying to go along with jokingly. I'm not sure what is going on, maybe something is finally materializing with her and D. If so.... I don't know, I've got to get out of here, these people are making me crazy.

I miss my relationship with E, and I'm tired of playing games with these people. I'm ready for him to come home.

This reminded me of me...

She will promise you more
Than the Garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you're bleedin'
But she'll bring out the best
And the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself
Cause she's always a woman to me
She is frequently kind
And she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases
She's nobody's fool
But she can't be convicted
She's earned her degree
And the most she will do
Is throw shadows at you
But she's always a woman to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home