April 27, 2004

I got the nicest comment last night when a conversation between E and his brother was relayed to me over the phone. E's brother is 17 and has his first really serious girlfriend, they just went to prom and everything. BG (E's brother) is really one of the only reasons I feel badly about how things are ending between E and I. Since my own sibling situation is not altogether "normal" (more on that some other time) BG is my only real sibling, he loves me, we talk on the phone, and since he was greatly affected by his parents' split he views me and E as his parent figures at times. He is constantly begging E not to fuck things up with me. Anyway E wasn't there when BG left for prom with his girlfriend so he's only seen pictures of her (which I've been begging to have sent to me, but in classic E fashion never will be). I guess E wasn't altogether emphatic about saying that BG's honey is cute because BG was a tad hurt. They were watching There's Something About Mary and began having the "Cameron Diaz was cutest in The Mask" conversation, which takes place a lot with E because he is pissed as hell STILL that she got all skinny. Whatever. BG says to E "Yeah, you know Etoile looks like Cameron Diaz in that movie. You're really lucky. You shouldn't take that for granted, she perfect otherwise, but then on top of it all she's hot. I wish I had that with K." E was floored. He goes "K is really nice. You like her a lot, I thought you guys had fun together." BG looks pissed and says; "Yeah, but she's nowhere NEAR as hot as Etoile. Don't even say anything. I know you'd have said so if you thought she was before now." E didn't know what to do so he left the room. Then he called me to tell me every word. Now I don't think I look a damn thing like C.D. in that movie (something about typing out her actual name really gives me the creeps...) I think the point just was that he thinks I'm hot. Which is nice. Its always nice when people think you're hot. Whether it is the old mailman or your ex's seventeen year old brother, its nice.

In other news... There is this guy in my Photography class, J, who is really sweet and smart (he already graduated from a top engineering school, but decided he wanted to do something else with his life so is now pursuing architecture) not to mention cute. He smiles a LOT. He smiles when I talk to him. He smiles when I talk to other people, and say things that amuse him. He smiles when I sit near him. He smiles when I smile at him. You get the point. He has a great smile. His eyes crinkle and his teeth are sparkly, like a toothpaste commercial. Yesterday he sat down next to me in class and I was talking to S, this guy who is way younger than me and has the same wacky sense of humor I do, and talks almost as much as me. I was being sort of cheeky and said in a mock-sexy voice to J "I knew you'd come sit by me!" He blushed for about three minutes straight. Especially after I dissolved in girlish giggles when I noticed he was blushing. He's adorable. I wonder if he'll ask me out? I wonder if he does if I'll say yes? The only problem is I'm not sure if I'm attracted to him in an, ahem, sexual way. Not that that is the most important thing, but I have a feeling he's a "relationship" kind of guy... I don't want to date him if I don't want to sleep with him. I don't think that's strange. Do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home