January 11, 2005

Well it has been an.... interesting.... few days.

Yesterday on my way to therapy, I noticed that there was a great deal of smoke coming out of my rear exhaust. As I gazed at the gauges on my dashboard, I saw that my oil gauge was on zero. I moaned in disgust, as my car had JUST HAD THE OIL CHANGED, and pulled off the highway at the first exit. I pulled into a parking lot and called Daddy. No answer. Called Mama, she did answer... Said she could get in touch with my dad. While she called him, I called D at work. As I was waiting for D to pick up I gazed around me. I was in a liquor store parking lot. In a rather, um, dilapidated looking neighborhood. I leaned back and looked at the cross streets. As D answered, it dawned on me exactly where I was. A little nervous, I told D what had happened.

Him: "Where are you?"

Me: "At (location of liquor store), in a parking lot."

Him: "What? Hold on a second..." (sound of him talking to one of his co-workers) "That's no good sweetie... That neighborhood is pretty dangerous."

Me: "I know."

Him: "Want me to come get you?"

Then followed a very complicated discussion between him, me and my parents that involved lots of call-waiting, plenty of arguing, and me sitting in a liquor store parking lot very much needing to pee for over an hour by myself. Eventually, my Mama came to get me, and the car got towed... However, not before a group of Mexican men in their early twenties spent a good ten minutes outside the store sitting on the hood of their car laughing at me yelling "Hey white girl, get out of the car... We'll buy you a drink... You look lonely." A big shout-out to them, I really appreciate the love.

My night ended poorly when I finally got to D's and after we'd eaten dinner and fooled around for a while we somehow got into what started out as a small argument and turned into me sobbing like a baby worried that we are going to break up. He wrapped me up in his arms and sat me on his lap. Wiping tears from my face, he said "Baby, we can't do this anymore." Which only caused me to cry harder because I thought he meant we should break up. But what he really meant was we can't argue at three AM anymore. Because it makes us both really tired. Then he suggested we talk in the morning, and tucked me into bed with him. As I fell asleep with my head resting on his shoulder, and our hands making a pile on top of his heart I sighed. He said "I love you, and I won't let you go, everything will look better tomorrow.” Of course it did. We woke up this morning and dozed in bed for an hour or so before getting up. He turned towards me and pulled me against him so our faces were touching. He kissed me, pre- teeth brushing, so I know it was important. His arms tightened around my body and his legs made a secure cage around mine. He whispered in my ear "We're still figuring all this out... That's all. But I know I love you, and you love me. You just have to know I won't leave you. “I hugged him back; "I know" I said.

"Ok then, time to get up... You've gotta get a shower and some breakfast. Little fishes need their energy."

And he sprang out of bed slapping my ass hard on the way.

He looked back at me grinning. "Now, Scuba Girl... NOW."



P.S. My first lesson went great.
P.P.S. My car is FUUUUUCCKKKED.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tilly said...

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while - also sorry that you've had a fucked up couple of weeks.

I hope 2005 brings you some peace. (I nearly wrote piece, but that would mean something else all together).

Hugs.

7:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home