I had something that would have quite resembled a date last night. Had it not been with D. He stopped over around seven and we had a glass of wine before going. I must say I looked stunning... Which is a big compliment for me. I never give myself compliments. It was snowing and we went to a sort of posh Italian place downtown. After we were parked and settled into our table (he actually made reservations... How delightful) I ordered a cosmopolitan and he didn't even blink when I asked for the best vodka they had. He ordered an appetizer and flirted with me shamelessly. He went to use the bathroom shortly before our dinners came and I was left to stare out the window for a bit. The snow was gorgeous, falling down in huge flakes, dancing to the ground. There was a young couple walking to their car outside, and they were holding hands. They stopped right past the window and he kissed her, tenderly, for a long time. I felt badly, looking on for such a long time, but I couldn't tear my eyes away. He smiled at her, she smiled at him, and they walked the rest of the way to their car arm in arm. I was in an almost trance-like state when my concentration was broken.
"Etoile? You ok?"
His hand was on my shoulder, a concerned look on his face. He eased back into his seat across the table and covered my hand with his. I nodded to the couple outside, and he smiled a bit sadly at me and squeezed my hand. I mirrored him and conversation resumed. Later, after dinner, and a bottle of our favorite wine, at home I announced that I was tired. I washed my face and put on pajamas. When I crawled into bed the lights had been turned off and he was already asleep, I thought. I got comfortable, I sleep sort of half on my side, half on my stomach, facing out towards the edge of the bed. His hand drew the hair away from my neck and he softly said "Is it alright if I hold you? Can we sleep together tonight? If not I can go to the futon." Without a word I slid closer to him and his arm snaked around my waist and his fingers entwined with mine. Another arm slipped under my neck and pillow and his head rested in my shoulder. Slowly my body relaxed and I fell asleep. When I woke up at seven this morning we were on opposite sides of the bed, him on his back spread out and me in a tiny ball near the edge of the bed. "Come here." he commanded gently, pulling my arm a bit. He positioned me sweetly with my head on his shoulder and his arm around me. My body was tense and he could feel it. "Cramps?" he asked. He always knows, I think he monitors my periods on a calendar or something. I nodded. He turned a bit towards me so he could wrap an arm around my waist and he massaged my lower back; pressing my comfortably into him until I fell back asleep. Just as I fell into a deep sleep I heard him murmur "Better?" he was getting sleepy too. I could do no more that hum to the affirmative "Mmm..." The last thing I remember until eleven when we both woke again was feeling both of us drift off together. It was almost better than sex. Almost.
"Etoile? You ok?"
His hand was on my shoulder, a concerned look on his face. He eased back into his seat across the table and covered my hand with his. I nodded to the couple outside, and he smiled a bit sadly at me and squeezed my hand. I mirrored him and conversation resumed. Later, after dinner, and a bottle of our favorite wine, at home I announced that I was tired. I washed my face and put on pajamas. When I crawled into bed the lights had been turned off and he was already asleep, I thought. I got comfortable, I sleep sort of half on my side, half on my stomach, facing out towards the edge of the bed. His hand drew the hair away from my neck and he softly said "Is it alright if I hold you? Can we sleep together tonight? If not I can go to the futon." Without a word I slid closer to him and his arm snaked around my waist and his fingers entwined with mine. Another arm slipped under my neck and pillow and his head rested in my shoulder. Slowly my body relaxed and I fell asleep. When I woke up at seven this morning we were on opposite sides of the bed, him on his back spread out and me in a tiny ball near the edge of the bed. "Come here." he commanded gently, pulling my arm a bit. He positioned me sweetly with my head on his shoulder and his arm around me. My body was tense and he could feel it. "Cramps?" he asked. He always knows, I think he monitors my periods on a calendar or something. I nodded. He turned a bit towards me so he could wrap an arm around my waist and he massaged my lower back; pressing my comfortably into him until I fell back asleep. Just as I fell into a deep sleep I heard him murmur "Better?" he was getting sleepy too. I could do no more that hum to the affirmative "Mmm..." The last thing I remember until eleven when we both woke again was feeling both of us drift off together. It was almost better than sex. Almost.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home