October 25, 2004

I am so fed up with irresponsible people.

What is the deal folks? I just don't get it. I have a mental illness that predisposes me to be irrational, spend too much money and only care about myself. Yet it is the other people in my life that seem to need the medication.

(This is the part where I only care about myself)

I don't care if you can't turn a paper in when it is due. DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT IT. You have nobody to blame but yourself. Every one of my assignments has been turned in on time this year. I haven't felt well. My medication has made it difficult for me to think. I just do it. Because it needs to be done.

I don't care if your bank keeps giving you "mysterious" overdraft fees. GO TALK TO THEM ABOUT IT. When I overdraw my account, I know it is my fault. If it isn't I go bitch to the bank manager. IN PERSON.

I don't care if you can't make it to something we've planned for over a month. JUST TELL ME IN ADVANCE. Don't make me wait til the last minute with "maybe" and "I'll try my best to be there." I don't want to hear the excuses. Just be honest.

I don't care if you don't want to continue a relationship with me. I WASN'T TRYING TO GET YOU BACK. Just say how you feel. Stop sending me cryptic emails.

I don't care if you slept with one of our friends. DON'T TELL ME ABOUT IT, PLEASE. Think of MY feelings. Not how much better it would make you feel to confess.

I don't care if you don't want my help. STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO. Don't make me think you need me, only to shun me later. It isn't appropriate for you to ask these things of me anymore. Either open up or close up. Stop playing in the middle.

Just be responsible. For yourself. For your feelings. For your truth. Think about how other people are going to feel when you say things. Don't just say them to make yourself look better, or to make yourself feel good. I'm so sick of having to baby people along, to babysit their feelings. But it seems like there are so many irresponsible people out there that if I stopped interacting with all the ones who can't care for themselves then I wouldn't have anyone to talk to ever.

Yes, I am selfish. Right, I'm the bitch. It is so easy to place all the blame on me. To punish me because your life isn't going the way you want it to. More often that not I'll probably just ignore the petty, passive aggressive behavior and just stew. That's bad for me, but better for you. And you're the one who is most important, right?

It is so unfortunate that all of the people that this should address can't read it. It makes me disappointed in myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home