We wake up, earlier now than we used to. He waits until I've been up for awhile to turn on CNN, he knows it gets too in my head first thing. He makes coffee and I snuggle on the couch with a cat. He makes tea for me because he knows coffee will probably be too much caffeine for me, especially the way he brews it. He kisses the cat, and me before settling in next to us. I tuck my feet under his leg so they don't get cold.
The night before I watched him laugh and talk with my whole family. He fits in with them so nicely, he's tried hard with them. He wants to have a connection with them because he knows how close we are. Mama gives me one of those looks from across the table that signifies that he's finally found his place in our little unit, that they love him, they can forgive the mistakes. Daddy offers to give him all the suits that don't fit anymore in his closet. My sister laughs hysterically at their private conversation, snorting.
We're moving in together. About a month ago E said something to me, he said; "I want to find someone I feel lucky to be with, the way I did when I met you." I feel that way now, and I'm tired of living apart. I asked him if he wanted me to just move to his town, and get separate places. That's not what he wanted, and it isn't really what I wanted either.
The night before I watched him laugh and talk with my whole family. He fits in with them so nicely, he's tried hard with them. He wants to have a connection with them because he knows how close we are. Mama gives me one of those looks from across the table that signifies that he's finally found his place in our little unit, that they love him, they can forgive the mistakes. Daddy offers to give him all the suits that don't fit anymore in his closet. My sister laughs hysterically at their private conversation, snorting.
We're moving in together. About a month ago E said something to me, he said; "I want to find someone I feel lucky to be with, the way I did when I met you." I feel that way now, and I'm tired of living apart. I asked him if he wanted me to just move to his town, and get separate places. That's not what he wanted, and it isn't really what I wanted either.


1 Comments:
congrats, it seems to all be falling into place now.:)
Post a Comment
<< Home