October 16, 2006

Things I need to learn:

1. Everything that's going to be on the GRE.
2. How to say "No."
3. How to stop trying to make everyone happy.
4. Willpower.
5. To have thicker skin.
6. To stop worrying about what other people think.
7. To shut up.
8. To turn my brain off every once in a while.

If I could learn these things I'd be fairly satisfied with myself. I wouldn't spend so much time being so worked up about what she said, or he said. I wouldn't still be hurt that what's his face doesn't like me. I wouldn't have just spent an hour trying to figure that thing out. I wouldn't be worried about the fact that you-know-who is annoyingly not calling me back. I wouldn't be so worried about what they think about how I look. I wouldn't be worried about everyone but myself this weekend.

If I could accomplish those 8 things I would be sitting here blissfully watching TV with my mom, not thinking about anything except whether Brian will be able to break up Marjorie's wedding or not. They are just made-up people on ABC, and I would like to be more worried about them than all this other stuff right now.

Instead, I'm stuck in my head, and I desperately want a vacation from it. I wish I could be like all those people out there who are able to switch it off. To just say "no" to my thoughts would be the most wonderful gift I could give myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Foxsden said...

I think most of those things happen with age... its the payoff for getting old, you become satisfyingly at one with yourself and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. Its marvellous!

10:21 am  
Blogger Rainex said...

Yes you become perfect
with age, but you just
look like shit!

2:50 pm  
Blogger Foxsden said...

LOL speak for yourself Rain, I look fabulous in a bit of Primark

3:05 am  
Blogger Lindy said...

Hell Sweetie, Just close your eyes & imagine that perfect world. Just like I do. Everytime some annoying little something tries to raise its ugly head just smack its ass & remember 'this is MY dream'. Picturing yourself smacking its ass is some of the most fun.

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home