July 04, 2004

My birthday was the most fantastic evening I've had in a million years. I couldn't even begin to describe all the hilarity and posh fun that went on as my friends and I strutted around downtown pretending to be grown-up and beautiful... (We don't have to pretend about the beautiful part).

Some of the night's best moments....

Every word that came out of our waiter's mouth at dinner was like buttah... He described everything as "very tasty" or "so delicious". He knew everything about all the food and was the best waiter I've ever had ANYWHERE. If I was filthy rich I'd hire him to describe the world to me, because he made me want to eat everything on the menu, and I figure if he could make me want to eat fish he could motivate me to do just about anything..

The two sorta trashy girls smoking in the bathroom at the ridiculously expensive, swank martini lounge we went to described the waitstaff as "The Hilton sisters" and complimented me on my top... They were great.

The card I got from my girl B. So sweet and beautiful. I needed that on my birthday.

BQ picking up the tab at dinner in that super-sneaky way of hers. The sly smile on her face when we all realized she'd paid the big bucks. What a fuckin' grownup. Woman you rock.

The dance D and I did to "Dancin' in the Dark" when we got home. Its our special dance. Its so sexy. If you saw him do it you'd think so too.

All the sex I don't remember because I insisted on eating a thermos full of really strong frozen margaritas when I got home. It wasn't in vain... I got an instant replay last night... AND HOLY SHIT... My mind is blown. I didn't know my body could do those things. It was so freaky that I can't even tell you here, and we all know how much I like to tell y'all about sex...

The way I almost passed out in the kitchen yesterday morning I was still so drunk. And the way D and I laughed about our splitting headaches till we both had tears in our eyes.

The way I thought at one point at the bar "Its nice to have friends, its nice to be here." and kinda teared up.



I loved my birthday this year. Thanks to everybody who made things so perfectly special for me (namely my BQ and D) you guys are amazing. I never imagined my birthday could be so wonderful and fun. A million times thank you.


On a much more serious note... I know many of you are reading from outside the US but take a moment today and pray (or whatever it is you do) for me and mine. 100,000 troops are being called back into active duty and D is a prime candidate. If not this round then the next. I haven't mentioned it here before because I haven't wanted to talk much about politics. But this isn't politics, this is my best friend, my lover, my partner in crime. All I want is his safety, and safety of all the other men and women who've laid their lives on the line for the rest of us.

Please pray for the men and women who are risking their lives now, from the States and everywhere else. These people, no matter what your political views are risking their lives everyday for our freedom and safety. They deserve our best thoughts and prayers.

Peace, and Happy Fourth of July....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home