March 06, 2005

Here's something about birth control and me:

I hate the waiting between the time when I'm "supposed" to start my period and when I ACTUALLY start. It rattles me. Because then there's the inevitable "Perhaps could I be pregnant" thoughts and all that... Very yuck.

D and I traveled up north last night for K's birthday. I'm reminded now how lonely I am most of the time. It’s sort of tough to be around a group of people I like a lot, and know they're always over an hour away. Oh well. I need to focus on school.

I'm so excited, in two weeks D and I are going on a trip!!! We're heading to Santa Rosa and Roswell, New Mexico. He’s going to get his advanced scuba diving certification and I'm going to be the camping bitch. Which means I sit around and relax all day, drinking and stuffing my face. He does most of the work, which is sexy as hell. It’s so hot to watch him strut his capable hotness around setting up tents and cooking over fires.

Last night he and I were snuggling on the couch, eating soft pretzels with cheese melted all over them, (the man loves me)... He spent an hour or so with my body draped comfortably over his telling me about training in the swamps in Louisiana. How they'd be out in the field for a month at a time, how it'd rain and they'd have to sleep standing up. How it rained for two weeks once. Putting camouflage on over camouflage after meals. Getting back to the barracks so tired, he couldn't even shower, even though it'd been five weeks. I always forget that he's done these things, that even though he's strong and brave in my mind that it has such a basis in reality. He constantly amazes me. Things just seem to be getting better.

I miss him when he isn't here. I feel the most at home when we're together.

2 Comments:

Blogger Foxsden said...

I can empathise - Youngster is 3 hours away and I only see him at weekends. Its a shame what you have to do in order to live/get ahead or simply just not to put up with a mediocre standard of life. LIving in places where you can earn the better money or be near family or whatever reason keeps you apart.

3:19 am  
Blogger Etoile Tyler said...

It's tough, I want to live together, but at the same time am afraid of it. Plus his brother might be moving out with his girlfriend, and I don't want to live with the two of them.

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home