March 04, 2007

You are not a bad person. Something in me is sure of that. So I will not call you a bad person.

I will not ignore the things you said to me. I won't ignore the times you made me feel worthless. The times you told me I was worthless are worthless. Your words are worthless to me.

I've often thought about asking you why you said the things you said. I've often wondered if it was simply misguided youth. I've wondered this on your behalf because I refuse to believe that you were a bad person.

This is a gift to you.

Or maybe it's for me. Maybe I believe that because I can't remember how much I loved you and how precious that was if I'm thinking that you were truly horrible.

Today is the morning that I woke up and realized that today is the day I've been waiting for. You won't stand in between me and those who love me anymore. The pain you inflicted on me had become a protective shield, a way to keep myself from having to fail, as you said I always would. I haven't felt love in the right way because I always kept your anger in between me and it.

I forgive you, and I send your comfortable hatred for me floating away into the atmosphere.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home