March 11, 2005

Anywhere but here

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I figure that I won't be able to stand the day. That I might explode if I have to see the same damn things again today that I saw yesterday, and the day after that. I'm grumpy because I'm up early on a friday and green tea just isn't the same as coffee and I've got an itchy sunburn on my belly and I'm not somewhere tropical. I want to scream at the world that it's time for me to go. That today's the day that I need to be someplace else.

Then I look around at the dirty kitchen, and the mess in the living room, and I sigh. I sit down in this chair to type out my bitchy rant about how much things suck this morning... And I gaze over towards the windows where a patch of sunlight has caught the carpet and in the middle of it is my shy black kitty, rolling around in the sunlight. Her black fur is reflecting little rays of sunshine at me, and she catches me staring at her. Her small paws extend towards me and I smile at her, she sees my smile and hops up to rub against my leg, purring before chasing the other one across the living room. I think to myself "If I'd gone, they wouldn't have done that." Then I smile to myself. It really is the small things.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Foxsden said...

I feel like that a lot... I get stale in my same old surroundings with the same old routine. Waking up and feeling like its groundhog day AGAIN sucks.

1:33 am  
Blogger catatonic said...

me too. i'd get depressed and ill whenever i feel like i've no escape route from whatever i'm doing. and i believe that animals do help when it gets tough. :O)

8:41 am  
Blogger Foxsden said...

Animals really do help. I was in a foul mood this morning so I stormed off upstairs and sat on the edge of the bed looking into the garden. It was sunny but really windy - watching trees blow around in the sunlight and thinking about the garden always calms me down. Then the dog came and rested her chin in the only spot of sunshine across the window sill and looked out of the window with me...I stroked her warm head. Made me smile!

12:36 pm  
Blogger Rainex said...

Animals love us unconditionally-
we could probably learn quite
a bit from them!

3:10 am  
Blogger catatonic said...

awwww. maybe she thought u were staring at a huge piece of meat outside the window.

8:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home