March 30, 2005

The Perfect Body.

Thanks Steven. I'll never look like that (sniff) (single tear).

I wish I could stay home this morning. The cats look so comfy snuggled in the sunshine. School doesn't seem so bad though.

I got a perfect score on my Greek Drama midterm. In fact suddenly school has started seeming awfully easy. It's like I broke through some invisible barrier, and now, everything suddenly all makes sense. I will probably fail my American Lit. quiz now that I made that grand declaration. But it's true, school is feeling a lot easier. Which is good, because I just signed up for a rather rigorous load this summer.

The more I act like nothing D does bothers me, the better he acts. I hate playing games, but for once this one seems to be working ok. Fake it 'til you make it, right? I'm sure he's just glad he isn't being bitched at as much.

The trees are all leafing and blooming, and we're getting all sorts of flowers. Makes me miserable. I have wretched allergies. This is my worst time of year. I can't wait for the blistering hot, dry heat. That's what I love most about a semi-arid climate.

Remember the Garden State discussion? D and I tried to watch it before we left on our trip. Somewhere around the end of the first half-hour we turned it off. Natalie Portman's character was trite, a pale, forced version of what quirky ought to be. I was disappointed in it almost immediately. However, the cinematography was beautiful. Visually, gorgeous. Anything, to do with the East Coast hits me a little wrong right now. There's still this place inside me that's pretty wounded about E, that misses him... Visual reminders of him don't sit well. I'll try it again later, since some people thought it was so wonderful. It just wasn't for me, right now.

I chopped off part of my finger the other day. I was slicing an apple and got a section of my finger as well. No hospitals. Just gross.

I love photos. I just realized that I used to smile with my mouth closed a lot. Now I never do. I wonder why that is?

Off to my lecture on Othello..

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Told you the film was rubbish :P

3:32 am  
Blogger Foxsden said...

Naw.. it so wasnt rubbish - Etoile said it perfectly.. the cinamatography was beautiful and personally I liked the storyline and the characters - I was cool with Natalie Portman the first time but after watching it over again I can see how she'd crawl up your ass. Rubbish is drastic. Napoleon Dynamite has overtaken Garden State in the coolness stakes.

3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home