July 28, 2006

We are almost done moving.

It's been a very weird time. I don't think D or I had any idea what it would be like to have his brother here. It seemed like such a good idea to help him out, and it is. It's just VERY weird having someone around all the time. D's brother is a very energetic person and D and I are a lot more relaxed. It's a difficult mix. I'm confident that things will settle down soon enough, moving is a very stressful time, especially when neither party really wants to move out.

I've taken some time to think some things over, and I've decided to take ML's advice. I'm starting to plan a trip, one that I'll take alone sometime next spring. I'm getting a "Round the World" ticket and will be planning several stops, my longest in Australia and New Zealand. I have friends in Australia, so it will be a good place to spend an extended amount of time. The money is all there, thankfully, due to a generous amount of money left to me by my grandparents.

My dad wrote me a letter before he got so sick that he couldn't hold a pen. He told me that death changes people, and that I would find out a lot about myself and the people around me when he died. It's true, I have.

What I've found out about myself is that I'm tired of the life I've been living. I'm tired of fabricated drama and the general state of survival instead of living. I know that this will be a difficult year, in interim, trying to find out what will happen next. I'm very ready to find a different place for myself in the world, and for now I feel optimistic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Foxsden said...

THAT is awesome news.. you'll meet tons of people and other opportunities. My brother regularly travels alone and always meets up with others. It'll be ace for you.

5:48 am  
Blogger heidi said...

the trip sounds like a great idea.
keep the optimism - through all the ups and downs.

12:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home