I loved it.
The leaves were still turning colors there and amid the lush green grass they were falling on serious, academic sidewalks. The beautiful brick and stone buildings comfortably grouped around me and something inside me said "Here, here is where I belong." I felt it. I felt comfortable. I had to get out of the car to get directions and I ambled into a building and simply felt right. I recognized it as the way I felt after three years at my last school. The sweet, cozy feeling of an old sweater and a rainy day seeped throughout the entire campus and its surrounding areas. By some magic I could navigate not only the university district but also downtown Seattle with incredible ease. It just made sense. It made the kind of sense that goes along with the kinds of decisions that end up being good decisions. You know the ones, the ones you make with your gut.
I loved Seattle. I loved UW. If they accept me I'm going. All those insecurities about whether or not to leave D were gone when I got there. I know that's where I want to be.
It works out nicely that I got home, discussed it with him and he said "I think that's great, and I think you need to get out of here." He also said that he'd love to live in Seattle and would consider moving out there after he's graduated, that we'll stay together as long as it works, and be together when he's done with school. More and more I absolutely adore him.
Now all I have to do is get in.
Details.
The leaves were still turning colors there and amid the lush green grass they were falling on serious, academic sidewalks. The beautiful brick and stone buildings comfortably grouped around me and something inside me said "Here, here is where I belong." I felt it. I felt comfortable. I had to get out of the car to get directions and I ambled into a building and simply felt right. I recognized it as the way I felt after three years at my last school. The sweet, cozy feeling of an old sweater and a rainy day seeped throughout the entire campus and its surrounding areas. By some magic I could navigate not only the university district but also downtown Seattle with incredible ease. It just made sense. It made the kind of sense that goes along with the kinds of decisions that end up being good decisions. You know the ones, the ones you make with your gut.
I loved Seattle. I loved UW. If they accept me I'm going. All those insecurities about whether or not to leave D were gone when I got there. I know that's where I want to be.
It works out nicely that I got home, discussed it with him and he said "I think that's great, and I think you need to get out of here." He also said that he'd love to live in Seattle and would consider moving out there after he's graduated, that we'll stay together as long as it works, and be together when he's done with school. More and more I absolutely adore him.
Now all I have to do is get in.
Details.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home